Monday, August 18, 2008

I know, I know....

.....I suck. Everytime I get on the computer I come here.....why? I have no clue!! I WANT to blog....but then either get lazy, think "what the hell do I have to say?" or some other foolishness. Emotionally, it's been a tough couple weeks....been in a horrid funk, but it's better. I hate when I get like that.....for me AND the family. Blah.

My ankle is AWESOME! I was wrong about the steroids. They are working great! I'd say I'm 95% pain free. I know it's temporary....and the Dr keeps telling me to remember, 'it's just masking the pain' but I'm working full time again and right now, that's really all I care about. I see the surgeon on 9/15 and we'll set the surgery date then. Oh yeah, the CT showed that there are two pieces of bone that have been "floating" around and are now literally jammed in the joint. They'll take them out and they also want to figure out where they came from....perhaps something needs to be reconstructed.....I don't know. I DO know that it'll be put off as long as possible.....I HAVE to work darnit!

Kids are great.....getting ready for school to start.....EIGHT days! It's so hard to believe. Little E doesn't start till 9/8 though.

Oldest A's knee is giving a few problems; but her PT-guy said today he wasn't overly concerned. He's doing ultrasound on it, and backing off some on the heavy duty stuff he was doing with her. Will work back up to that once this new soreness is gone.

MiddleA is counting down the days till the 31st....big Jonas concert you know! She was a little miffed at me when I backed out. I was supposed to take her and two friends to the concert and then pick them up.....but I'll be in NJ! It's all rearranged and one of the other mom's is doing the honors.....hey, I had to do it for Jesse McCartney AND .....ummmm......who was it......Corbin Bleu maybe? Anyways, it's another mama's turn. And she's excited to spend the weekend with her friend and become all "Jonified"

YoungestA is nervous about the big move up to the middle school. Of course he won't admit it....but I can read his emotions like a book; they're right on his sleeve. Poor kid. I remember going up there and was a wreck the whole summer before. I know he'll do fine and I can't wait for him to meet new kids and start this new chapter. Small school's are great, but he's never been around any more kids than the 14 other boys he's gone through elementary with. It'll be fine. Mama's nervous, but very optimistic.

Ok, you know we're in puppy-hell right? Boy of boy. Oldest and MiddleA are responsible for them and are doing a great job....but I can hear one right now chewing on one of the last cardboard boxes around the corner. Little shnit.

K, I'm outta here....think I'm going to check Erin's blog and see if she's around tonight....I wanna talk g/f!! Speaking of counting days, I'll see you in 10 days!! WHOOOOOP!

2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am. Bob and I talked about it for his whole lunch break today!!!

So glad you are getting some ankle relief.

We are all a mess it seems this summer. You guys fit into everything just perfectly.

J~Mom said...

Wow!! That is a ton of stuff going on! I hope your ankle feels better soon! The Jonas Bros huh? I like them..LOL! I hope school goes well for everyone!