Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Two posts in one day?!

WHOA! Cool huh?

Not really. Just wanted to update you all on my dr. appointment today. NOT good.....not good at all. Dammit. They didn't like what they saw, and I admitted I'd been putting some weight on it. I told them I'm a freak of nature on crutches and am going to hurt myself and others! They didn't care. I'm supposed to be NON-weight bearing for 4 weeks and I'm just out a week from surgery today.

IF I continue putting weight on it, the repairs they made will be ruined and it'll have to be done again. NOOOOOOOOOOO I can't go through this again. So I'm going to be good....but it's so hard. I HATE HATE HATE asking people to do things for me; I think they hate it when I do, but I can't get a glass of water AND carry it to my chair on crutches.....say nothing about laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc, etc.....what am I going to do?! Jamie leaves on the 18th for 2 weeks....I want to go with him! I'm going crazy sitting in this house all damn day.

I asked about work; was hoping to go back at least part time maybe next week. Nope, she said "NO work until further notice, probably after your appointment on the 27th" Nice, tell that to my employer (they're NOT going to be happy, though I warned them weeks ago it might be a possibility) and someone PLEASE explain to the bill collectors....K? Thanks.

SO, so much for puttering around town while I was out and about.....putting NO weight on my foot makes that impossible for me. I know other people do it, but seriously, I was worried I wasn't going to get to the car. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Going to sit in the recliner and take a nap....maybe.....since I've been up since 3am.....we'll see.

2 comments:

Always Smiling said...

Crutches are a bitch! I am sorry that the news wasn't very good. Take advantage of the break, no one will be upset at you for asking for help. Is their any way you can get a wheelchair (like rent/borrow?) that will help a lot when it comes to house work. I was lucky enoug htat Corey's grandfather gave me one (he hated the one insurance bought him and bought himself a "good: one), but a regular one would be easier and it would be a work out for your arms. ;) Another idea if you are decent at hopping on one foot is one of those walkers with the seat and break. It may help one and you could sit on it and move around the house some without putting weight on your foot.

I wish I could help you out, but there are to many states in between us. (((HUGS))) and remember I understand completely!!!

Always Smiling said...

could my spelling be any worse? LOL

It may help one and you could sit on it and move (supposed to say some, not one)

I think the other stupid typing errors are at least readable, but this


"hopping on one foot is one of those"

should have had read


hopping on one foot, is getting one of those"