Monday, October 6, 2008

Yeah, I'm still here....

......and OH-SO-BORED!

Surgery went fine. Not supposed to be putting any weight on it, but seriously, if it doesn't scream when I touch it to the floor, do you really think I'm not going to hobble around? when I'm such a freak on crutches?

It's a little achy here and there, but all in all, better than I thought. Of course, I'm still in a cast....that could have something to do with it. Hopefully that will come off tomorrow at morning dr. appointment.

Ok, for the first few days, I was an emotional mess. Sometimes I struggle with depression, anxiety, etc....but it doesn't last long.....this time it was at least 3 days! I cried at the drop of a hat; yelled just as quickly; anxiety would hit my like a train and I couldn't breathe. Now it's gone.....don't get me wrong, I'm SO happy to be past it, but WTF was THAT all about?


Now I'm just bored-bored-bored! I REALLY should be enjoying the quiet of the house during the day when the kiddos are gone.....am I? Hell no, this sucks! I want to crawl out of my own skin!

K, nuff bitchin (even though this IS a bitchin' blog) Off to warm up the recliner again....yeee haaaa.

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Glad you are doing a little better. I think you are too hard on yourself. It isn't just surgery pressure when you are a mom and an employee and a wife, etc... Lots of things to get done and not being able to do them will add to the regular stress of surgery.

Love you chica. How long was the drive here??

Buffy said...

The drive from here to your house? Much shorter than the ride home for some reason. LOL 8.5 to 9 hrs maybe? How can I already not remember for sure? Why? You coming? :)

Always Smiling said...

Aww Buffy, I think the whole process will put anyone in a depressed state.

It will get better keep your chin up and try and stay off that foot, it will heal faster. :)